I love getting ready for bed every night (anyone else?!) I find it so relaxing to take my makeup off, to hop in the shower and to later burn a candle or turn on my oil diffuser as I read or watch a show before heading to bed. Now that I live in my sorority house I’ve developed a relaxing night routine.
- Slip into my robe. I have the softest, coziest robe that I look forward to wearing every. Single. Night. Putting on my robe also motivates me to actually get ready for bed.
- Take my makeup off/take a shower. I love taking my makeup off after a long day and hopping into the shower. Around this year I like experimenting with different body washes and scents such as peppermint and cinnamon.
- Put on a facemask. Especially with being back in school I find that pampering myself a little each night is a great way for me to wind down. Sometimes I’ll put on a facemask and other nights I’ll do my nails.
- Start my skincare routine. I apply moisturizer and under-eye cream every night before bed. I also love putting on lotion to make sure I can wake up to silky-smooth skin.
- Climb into bed. My nights differ depending on how I feel. Sometimes I like just being on my own and snuggling up in bed and listening to a really good playlist. Sometimes I like going downstairs and making a cup of tea and chatting with some of my sisters. Recently I have really loved making tea and writing in my journal before bed.
As you can see my bed-time routine is incredibly simple. I believe that self-care and wellness is so important; taking the time out of my day to pamper myself before bed makes a world of difference.