I’m passionate about film and have a long list of favorite movies that is constantly being updated. Although my favorite genre of film falls within romantic comedy, I’ve been really good about expanding my horizons and watching other types of genres more recently.
1. Birdman: To be quite honest, I didn’t adore this film but I thought the cinematography was excellent. Michael Keaton and Emma Stone are both brilliant actors and I thought they both executed great performances in this film.
2. What If: This film was released two years ago but I felt like it went completely under the radar. I watched it recently and fell head-over-heels in love with Daniel Radcliffe’s character, Wallace. This film is a definite romantic comedy but it has a slight edge to it, which I love.
3. Begin Again: I’ve seen this movie twice and it’s a great feel-good film. Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo have an undeniably precious relationship and I love the non-forumalic ending. This film is honest, quirky, and musically appealing.
4. The Way Way Back: This is the quintessential summer movie. Sam Rockwell shined in his role as Owen and I really enjoyed the laid-back vibes of this film.
5. The Imitation Game: I didn’t think it was possible to be more in awe of Benedict Cumberbatch but this film proved me wrong. This film had such a unique plot that had me thoroughly entertained throughout the film. I loved everything about this movie, from the message to the plot to the character development.