2016 has been a good year so far! I’m finally getting back into my school routine and my new class schedule. On top of that, I celebrated my 19th birthday yesterday with my best friend and parents back at home. It was so nice to spend the day away from school, enjoying a meal at my favorite restaurant and catching up with my parents.
- I have so many resolutions for 2016, but one that I’m really trying to focus on is living with intention. I discovered The Lively Show a few months ago but I just recently started listening to the podcasts again. Jess’s show is funny, insightful, and inspiring. I love that I can download the episodes onto my phone so that I can listen to them in between classes or as I’m getting ready in the morning.
- I may sound like a broken record in the blogging world, but I really just want to give a shoutout to Madewell. I’ve always loved Madewell’s simple, approachable style, but it wasn’t until recently that I really started shopping there and gravitating towards their items. I like investing in fewer, higher-quality pieces, and Madewell is just the place for that.
- ELF Cosmetics are a new-t0-me brand that I always stock up on when I make a trip to Target. Not only are ELF Cosmetic’s products affordable, but they’re also great quality. I especially love the neutralizing makeup primer, liquid concealer, and blush.
- Fitbit Flex. I purchased a Fitbit last year with my Christmas money but haven’t been putting it to good use since buying it. One of my resolutions is to reach at least 10,000 steps a day, so I’ve been wearing my Fitbit Flex daily. Not only do I feel better when I walk instead of drive, but I also love the victorious feeling of reaching my 10,000 steps each day.
- Kale + kiwi smoothies. One of the dining halls on my college’s campus makes these delicious kale + kiwi smoothies that have seriously been rocking my world the past few weeks. This smoothie has blended kale, kiwi, and bananas with fresh apple juice and it is life-changing.
Have a great week!