Last week marked the first day of fall and I could not be more excited! Fall is a wonderful season for so many reasons, but my favorites include seasonal drinks, cozy sweaters, and movie marathons. I also wouldn’t mind a dip into cooler temperatures since LA has been SO hot recently! Anyways, today I want to share some of my very favorite fall activities with you so let’s get started!
(1) Picking pumpkins: When I was little, my parents used to take me and my sister to pick out pumpkins on a local farm. I want to continue that tradition this year and head out to a pumpkin patch with some friends. I’m not the best pumpkin carver so I might try painting a design on my pumpkin this year! If you have any suggestions please let me know!
(2) Seasonal drinks: Let me preface this by saying that I am very, very #basic. I can’t help myself – I just love a good ol’ pumpkin spice latte! I’ve also heard that Starbucks’ new chile mocha is amazing as well. Around this time of year, I never like to pass up a glass of apple cider either!
(3) Bonfire with friends: I love bonfires year round but I especially love them during the fall months because you can curl up in cozy blankets with it actually being slightly chilly outside. You can typically find me sipping on a big cup of tea or hot chocolate as well. 🙂
(4) Movie outings: I don’t know what it is about fall and winter, but I’m always craving outings to the movie theater! I really want to see Bridget Jones’ Baby (has anyone seen it yet?!).
(5) Neighborhood walks: The neighborhood behind my university has the most charming homes. I can’t wait to linger around these neighborhoods when the leaves begin to change color and people decorate their homes for Halloween!
(6) Coffee dates: I will never pass up an opportunity to have a coffee date with a friend. LA is chalk-full of cute little coffee shops and I still have a mile-long list of places I want to try. I’m super grateful that my boyfriend tolerates my caffeine obsession haha! I especially love meeting up in the morning with friends and enjoying a delicious brunch then heading to a coffee shop to chat for a few hours.
Do you have any fall activities that you recommend I try? P.S. Is anyone else so excited for the holiday season?! I know it’s still early but I can’t wait to pull out my Christmas sweaters. 🙂