This year has already been off to a great start! I have so much to look forward to this year and am ready to make this year my best one yet! I thought it would be fun to share just a few of the things that I’m looking forward to doing this coming year. Although I’m currently in college and don’t have a ton of time to travel and explore, I’m going to make it my goal to have more adventures within the time that I have. This year is all about leaving my comfort zone behind and truly discovering new parts of the world, both in my local neighborhood and beyond.
- Building relationships. I have a sorority that I love, a job that I’m passionate about, and a school that has brought so many wonderful relationships into my life. This year I’m looking forward to building even more relationships and expanding my horizons in terms of making new friends. I can sometimes clam up in front of people and become super shy (really unusual for me) so I’m hoping to break out of my shell a little more this year.
- Going home more often. During my freshman year of college, I almost never went home – I guess I just wanted to gain some independence and not rely on my parents so much. During the first quarter of this year, I went home almost every other weekend and I am so glad I’m did. Although I’ve become very independent since coming to college, I also really love maintaining strong connections with my family and having the ability to see them so often.
- Doing more community service. I did a lot of community service work in high school and it quickly became an essential part of my life. I’m excited to be doing more volunteer work this year, especially through children’s education in Los Angeles!
- Exploring Los Angeles and beyond. I live in such an amazing city and I sometimes feel as if I don’t take advantage of living in the vibrant city of Los Angeles. I have already planned a few weekend getaways with some friends for this upcoming year and I could not be more excited. My list of destinations includes San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz!
- Studying abroad. I’m crossing my fingers that I will be able to study abroad in the spring of 2018! I’m hoping that I end up in London or Paris, as they are two of my favorite cities in Europe. I absolutely adore traveling and cannot wait to be back in Europe to explore even more cities.
- Eat and live a cleaner lifestyle. Since starting college, I’ve really begun to notice what a huge different daily exercise and a balanced diet can do for you in the midst of stress. I’m committed to eat cleaner foods and implementing more natural products into my daily routine. Keep your eyes out for a post on natural beauty and skincare coming soon!
What are you looking forward to in 2017?!