For some reason, I’ve been feeling really, really happy recently! I’m typically a very happy person in general but I’ve just been feeling extra invigorated within the past few weeks. I think it might be because of the positive attitude that I’ve attempted to adopt into all aspects of my life. I try to stay positive not only in myself and my goals but also in the relationships I share with others; I want to spread my joy to those around me, which I think is apparent in the job I currently have as an orientation counselor to incoming freshmen students. Today I wanted to share some of my tips for keeping the vibes positive and making the most out of every day. Check out some of my tips below!
- Drink a big glass of water the second you wake and keep this up for the rest of the day. This is the best way for me to wake up naturally and I notice an amazing difference in my skin and in my mood when I drink more water.
- Wear what you want! I know this sounds pretty obvious but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve worn clothes that I think made me look more presentable but I was actually very uncomfortable. Believe it or not, you can find comfy clothes that still look professional (for my working girls out there!) and this has been one of the best things to keep me feeling confident and positive all day long.
- Buy flowers for yourself. One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to go to my local grocery (typically TJ’s) and pick up a bouquet of flowers for myself. My favorite way to decorate my room is with a sweet-smelling bunch of sunflowers!
- Treat yo self. Sometimes the best thing you can do is take a few hours off during your day or week and treat yourself to a cup of joe at your favorite coffee shop, get a massage, or scope out a new nail salon in your neighborhood. Investing in little luxuries is a well-deserved break from the craziness of everyday life.
- Find another mode of transportation. I absolutely love my car but I always like to switch things up and find other ways of getting around town. I have a beach cruiser that I love to ride around my neighborhood. Another favorite way of getting around is by walking, which is sometimes a much-needed way of getting some fresh air and exercise.
- Put your phone on airplane mode. I always put my phone on airplane mode when I go to bed but keep it that way for at least an hour in the morning after I wake up. I find that this helps me avoid going on my phone first thing when I wake up in the morning and keeps me focused on my plans for the day. I also tend to feel more positive when I’m not glued to my phone and am taking in the world around me instead.
What are some of your tips for staying positive/energized throughout the day? How do you maintain this positivity? Let me know!